Thursday, January 10, 2019

Week 22

Weekly Greetings!

Even though we started the second semester off with a short week, it felt wonderful to be back to school last week. Despite the cold temperatures, most of the students were in attendance and we made the best of our time together.

We moved forward in the Math curriculum, and everyone wrote about the best part of their Christmas break.
The new S.T.A.R.S. pod classes began Monday, and I have seven 3rd graders in the Geography class I am teaching this quarter. For the first week, we looked at continents and different types of landforms.
With the basketball games starting Wednesday afternoon, our regular recess was limited to the classroom. After doing an exercise workout, there still was time to fit in some enrichment time. The class broke down into small groups, and played with a variety of supplies stored in the class.
This week we will be back to a more normal routine with a full five days of class time. I will be sending home a book order form with each child. If you want to purchase any books for your child, please get the order back to me by January 24. It is easiest if you send cash, or a check made out to me, and then I can just place the whole order on my credit card.

Have a warm and wonderful week!

Kind Regards,

Julie Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 40

Weekly Greetings, Our last week of school is here! I can't believe how fast the year has gone by, and how much the students have grown...