Saturday, January 19, 2019

Week 23

Weekly Greetings!

I hope this finds you all well and enjoying the warmer weather. Everyday last week, half of our class was out sick and apparently there are a few illnesses that have hit the community. The testing window for MAP opens this week, but because so many students were out last week I plan to wait until next week to start. Due to having testing next week, we will spent this week and next on Unit 15 Spelling so there will not be a test this Friday. I think that will also help some of the students catch up that missed so much school last week.

This week we will focus on Martin Luther King, Jr. and some of the reasons for the Civil Rights movement. At the end of the week I would like to show the movie Hidden Figures, as I feel it is very inspirational. It is a PG movie, so please let me know if you would like me to exclude your child and I will give them an alternative assignment. Also feel free to contact me if you would like more details. The school counselor will also visit the class on Wednesday to continue discussing bullying.

On Wednesday morning at 8:30am there will be an assembly for the Semester 1 honor roll. I hope you can attend. The other important piece of information you need to know is that there will be an early release at 2:15pm this Friday.

As for last week, we still pressed on in our Reading and Math curriculum despite such a low attendance. We also went to the Makerspace room to make get-well posters for Mr. Kelso, who is one of the high school teachers and very ill. He is in Oregon having medical procedures and will be gone the remainder of the school year.  After the art project, the students explored the resources available in the room.
Have a fantastic week!

Kind Regards,

Julie Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 40

Weekly Greetings, Our last week of school is here! I can't believe how fast the year has gone by, and how much the students have grown...